Every home is a building block…
Team Habitat is designed for corporations, community organizations, school groups, faith groups and others to come
together for a day of team building. The combination of volunteer hours and financial contributions doubles the impact. Contribution covers the costs related to materials and supervision. Volunteer opportunities are also available in our ReStore warehouse.
Team Habitat Overview:
Team Habitat groups help renovate existing homes in Ypsilanti for new Habitat homeowners.
- Volunteer group days are scheduled for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday every week.
- The group is expected to volunteer from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on the designated build day with an hour break for lunch.
- We work with 8-12 volunteers on one house. If your group is larger, please contact us for additional volunteer opportunities.
- Volunteers must be at least 16 years old in order to participate.
- No prior construction experience is necessary. Habitat will provide tools, safety equipment and building materials. We ask volunteers to bring their own water and lunches.
Third Party Event Fundraisers are any fundraisers ran by an individual or group outside of Habitat for Humanity of Huron Valley who choose to make Habitat for Humanity of Huron Valley (H4HHV) the beneficiary of the funds raised. We are so fortunate that as a Third Party Event Fundraiser you choose to give your time, energy and effort to help raise funds to support our mission of enriching the community with affordable homeownership for families and individuals of low-income in Washtenaw County.
(Brent Flewelling, Third Party Fundraiser- 2017)